A chef’s life is full of delicious delicacies and hard-work to bring perfection in it. Singapore is a developed country known for its global cuisine, hence the restaurants here are always looking forward to hiring talented professionals as chefs’. So, if you are looking for chef jobs in Singapore, then read this article to make an informed decision about your career. As in this article we will discuss how you can take up chef jobs in Singapore and what skill you may need to get and grow in this career.
Pc: chef jobs in Singapore
A chef in Singapore does not only look after a single job of cooking rather he has to look after various other things such as kitchen management, relation specialist and special events coordinator. This job in Singapore is beyond culinary arts it includes anything to everything one may imagine happening in the kitchen.
There are various positions and profiles which a chef may hold based on years of experience and knowledge, these positions and roles are as follows: –
- Executive chef
- Head Chef
- Sous Chef
- Chef de Partie
- Butcher Chef
- Fish Chef
- Grill Chef
- Pantry Chef
- Pastry Chef
- Roast Chef
- Rounds Man
- Sauté Chef
- Vegetable Chef
- Commis Chef
- Kitchen Porter
Being Chef is a great responsibility as most people majorly guest rely on the food that a chef directs or makes. With each level of promotion comes a huge responsibility to deal with.
With this in mind let us discuss the what are the major tasks in a chef’s diary: –
- Examine the sanitation to make sure that staff follows regulated guidelines to maintain standards.
- Analyze and make a standard process to maintain the quality of raw or cooked food so to confirm the standards.
- Evaluation of amounts and costs of required food provisions, such as ingredients of foods in advance.
- Train sous-chefs or cooks about the preparation, garnish and serving of food.
- Oversee or manage activities of cooks that are engaged in the preparation of food.
So, by now you must be aware of how a day looks like for a chef or what his job description looks like. If that’s so let us now put light on what knowledge and skill beyond the academic knowledge does one need to get chef jobs: –
Pc: culinary art
- Food Preparation — Experience of handling equipment’s for cutting and chopping plants and animals for consumption this also includes storage techniques for foods.
- Creation and Processing —the individual should know how to utilize raw products in production processes, also should learn how to do quality control, costs of production, and other mandatory techniques in the kitchen for effectively utilizing and distribution of goods.
- Consumer and Public Service — Idea of processes for providing consumer and public services in the hotel. This includes needs assessment in food taste, managing quality standards for hotel kitchen, and assessment of consumer satisfaction.
- Training and Development — Trained on kitchen curriculum to maintain decorum in industry and manage standards of food production.
- Administrative Manager — Kitchen management principles are crucial for a chef job as the job involves calculated planning, allocation of available resources, human resources utilization, leadership ability, production methodology planning, and coordination of kitchen for events.
So, if one wants to excel in this field then the individual should work on these knowledge areas and polish them in order to get in and succeed in this career. So, if you are looking for chef job in Singapore then decide which position you want to settle on and then find a relevant hotel management course which may lead you to your goal also skill development plays a vital role in getting a job in this area, so being adaptive and learning new things is the key to making progress in this job.