Australia has an extensive visa list for immigration purposes. It offers six different types of visa based on the felt needs and intentions of the visitor. Though there are different types of visas available, there are subclasses for each catering to the differential present in each class. A Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189 is one among them and comes under the type ‘The Visa Sponsor and Skilled visa’.
Skilled independent visa
This general skilled migration visa gives access to persons with exclusive skill possession with a desire to get settled in Australia. Apart from the Employer Nomination Scheme Visa, there are choices among the subclasses 189, 489, 190 and 457. Immigration to Australia can also be covered with a skilled independent visa using subclass 189provisions.
This visa subclass 189is specifically for those possessing skill-sets as needed by Australia. The essential criteria are, there should be a formal invitation to apply for this visa. To get a formal letter, the occupation of the proposed applicant should match suitably with the occupation list. Applicant should be successful in the skills assessment chosen for the trade. Also, he/ she must have come out with flying colors in the point test.
The skilled independent visa Australia takes around 11 months for 75% of the application to be processed and about 22 months for 90% of the form. A cost of AUD4, 045 onwards is to be expected.
With this visa in hand, one can work and study without a worry about the Australian location if eligible can be enhanced to Australian Citizen Status. Value addition is the eligibility of the applicant to sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency shortly.
For the skilled independent visa Australia to be effective, one must –
- Possess an invitation to apply for this visa
- Submit online, an Expression of Interest (EoI) to confirm the interest to immi.home affairs.gov.au
- Understand that this subclass 189 will be positioned against other intending applicants
- Have the clarity that the applicant stands a fair chance to be invited and the
- Be knowledgeable that the invitations are strictly through SkillSelect
- Have suitable skills evaluation done
- To submit a copy of it along with the application
- For practicing Medicine by registering with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as an unconditional general practitioner or conditioned Specialist
- For practicing Law with admission in a relevant state or territory
- Three years before the date of the invitation
- Based on Australian qualification, then it must be a CRICOS registered course
Meet the age criteria as –
- Either 45 years or below at the time of receiving the visa invitation
- Below 45 years at the time of visa invitation but turned 45 after submitting the EOI
- Have collected not less than 65 points for this is a points tested visa which
- Will be weighed against applicants’ claims in their EOI in Skillselect and if less
- Will be an indication for further collection of additional points as required for the visa grant
- Must be proved with evidence during the visa application lodging process
- Have proof of relevant English Language competency either with
- Proof of citizenship and valid visa possession from anyone among – the USA, UK, Canada, Republic of Ireland and New Zealand or
- With the specified test scores of English Language test
Apart from the above mentioned one must have
- Satisfactory Health and Character requirements
- Signed the Australian Values statement
- No hurdle in the form of previous visa cancellation or refusal
- No dues pending to the Australian Government
Essential steps to be followed:
- Prepare crucial documents before applying like – i) Identity proof ii)Proof of character iii) Proof of compliance with visa conditions and iv) Proof of partner and dependent children identity
- In the event of someone acting on behalf of the applicant, the complete information should be given beforehand
- Visa application which can be done online in immi account must be made within 60 days of receiving the invitation
- The application process starts by logging into the select skill account and clicking on applying visa button
- Immiaccount once created will have a login and password entirely different from that of the SkillSelect one
- After paying the application charge transaction reference number (TRN) should be noted down without fail
- In case the visa is granted – visa grant number, date of visa start and all visa conditions will be notified
It is always better to go for online application for it is still accessible. Application charge can be paid electronically, and its status can be checked anytime. I recommend you to contact Immigration Agent Adelaide for legal assistance in case of any trouble regarding visa application. lodges EOI is stored in the skill select for two years, making it possible for necessary updates. In case of visa refusal, the applicant will be notified about the right to review. It should be noted that the application charge is not refundable.
Also Read – 20 Best marketing strategies for tech companies